7 thoughts on “Social Networking Chapter

1. Hi Terry,

Thank you for letting us know your new book chapter – I feel good as we will be able to learn from you from this page and CIDER even after finishing MDE.

Hope many lives of innocent people will be saved – distance education is safe against pandemic!

Terumi

2. I am impress on how you explain the whole information about social networking sites. I love your list of references. You gave detailed information about it. I believe people who wants to learn about social bookmarking should read this.

3. Thanks Terry,
    I enjoyed reading your post – informative and inspiring. I resonate with your view: “social networking provides tools that can be used for plagiarism, cheating, harassment and other types of academic and social misconduct. None of these challenges are insurmountable, but they highlight the challenges of rapid and wholesale implementation and point to the need for pilot projects that guide adaptive policies, training and support development.” That is posing a huge challenge to the educators (professors and teachers). I have even found numerous sites promoting their fees for service to work on the assignments for undergraduates, masters or even doctors. Just wonder why this happens. I have written a few posts on higher education and social networking on these areas too.
    Renewed thanks for sharing this wonderful piece of work.
    John

4. […] Anderson, T. (2009, April 28) Social Networking in Education. A draft paper to STRIDE handbook for The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) [web log post]. Retrieved from http://terrya.edublogs.org/2009/04/28/social-networking-chapter/ […]